We are a creative venue. Specialising in the capture and recording of your artistic work.
Comfortable, well-equipped venue for all your audio-visual needs in friendly, easily accessible recording studios found on beautiful premises in Harpenden, Hertfordshire.
Fully professional studio hire (with or without production engineers) for both professional and amateur musicians, audiobook authors, voiceovers and spoken word artists.
- Full EP/album/single production – from start to finish. Support with arrangements, recording, editing, mixing or mastering as required.
- Video production – for singers and song-writers, bands or business promotion.
- Promotional photography packages
- Off-site video and recording equipment hire – with or without operator.
- Artist development and mentoring packages
- Rehearsal space hire
- Songwriting Workshop Days for individuals or bands.
Gift Vouchers for studio time also make an ideal gift for a partner, friend or family members
We also sell records and merchandise for our artists in our online shop.
Our recording studio is housed within a grade 1 listed property, previously home to the queen’s race horse breeder. What was the old horseshoe forge is now our live room of which the walls and ceiling retain the original victorian wooden cladding. Our control room is right next door in the old saddle making room.
- Live room (16 channels in, 4 returns).
- Vocal booth (4 channels in & out).
- Control room centred around Apogee® Ensemble Thunderbolt.
- Industry-standard audio equipment – Neumann®, Adam Audio, EVE Audio, AKG®, Lewitt®, SSL & Audient.
- Exceptional quality house instruments from Fender®, Gibson®, Roland®, Yamaha® and more.
- Wide array of amplification from Fender®, Mesa Boogie®, Blackstar®, Ashdown® and Roland®.
- Three house drum kits – Modern, Rock & Vintage from Pearl® and Beverley.
- A great selection of snare drums including a ’67 Ludwig Supaphonic 400 aka. The Hitmaker.
- Easy-peasy loading via double doors.
- Free parking right outside our door.
- Free Tea & Coffee.
Check out our gear list.
Jack Hobbs | Songwriter/Producer
Having spent most of his time on stage at school, Jack switched his focus to the technical side of the music industry. His huge interest in the art of songwriting and music production resulted in the construction of his own recording studio – Jacket Records. Jack is our founder and CEO but also a singer/songwriter in his own right.
Will Heasman | Audio engineer
Originally hailing from a seaside town in Devon, Will moved up to Cambridge to study Creative Music Technology. He takes pride in having a deep, personal interest in several areas of music – from performing and composing to mixing and audio engineering. An early fascination with music led to proficiency in multiple instruments including bass, electric guitar, drums and keys as well as numerous pieces of software including logic and pro tools.
It’s time to watch the X Factor drag it’s limp, lifeless corpse across our screens for another relentless year. Luckily, Louis Walsh the geriatric who has a penchant for sexual assault won’t be on the judging panel this year. However, as the disillusioned and disabled are mocked by multi-millionaires, there are a few tried and …
Mel B and #MeToo With all of the allegations flying around Hollywood right now & the #MeToo movement finally giving a voice to the voiceless, no one would be callous enough to grope a co-worker on live television. Surely not? Especially if it was being aired to millions of people at the time. Having a …
Hello dear readers. Unfortunately this week we won’t be examining pop star hypocrisy, or what Donald Trump and Demi Lovato have in common. Today’s post is an important one, but it’s also been incredibly difficult to write. Throughout this piece, my aim is to be as honest and accurate as possible. For those who have …